Saturday, January 23, 2010

Church Clothes



So tonight, I was trying to convince Lindsay (my little cousin, 8 years old) to pick out her church clothes by herself. I wanted her to do it alone because I would go in there and "help" her but all of the options I laid out would get vetoed. She would ultimately wear what she wanted. So, I figured...she could pick them out by herself. As I was sitting in the living room, she was in her bedroom staring at her closet. This is how it went:



L-" Should I wear long sleeve or short sleeve?"


M - "Long."


L - "Why?"


M - "Because it's going to be cold."


L - " Why is it going to be cold?"


M - " I dont know...it just is!"


L - " like...how cold?"


M - " I dont know! just...COLD!"


L - "Like freezing?"


M - "no!"


L - " Just a little bit cold or really cold or kind of cold?"


M - " i dont know...probably pretty cold."


L - " is pretty cold the same as really cold?"



My final response, " for the love of God..."



She picked out a dress with white tights and furry boots.



No comments: