Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Weird. Zombie. Holocaust Day

So today was weird. I drove to school with the attitude of dread. I was thinking how terrible it was that I had to go school in this kind of weather, when all I want to do is stay inside and maybe read a book while listening to the rain. It was cold, wet, and foggy. While I was driving, I recalled the last time that I saw a day like this. It was in a zombie movie. So i imagined myself driving to class and zombies running across the road and stopping moving cars. I got so caught up in this story in my head, thinking about how awesome it would be if there were really were zombies taking over lubbock, texas so that I wouldn't have to go to class. I wished it were true. Then I quickly snapped out of it, and realized how psychotic that sounded. I thought, Do i really hate this class that much? and the answer was yes.
My day proceeded to get even more strange when I was in that class, and we were discussing the holocaust. There are 11 people in the class, so it is pretty intimate. However, we don't know each other very well. So unfortunately, questions asked by the teacher usually are unintentionally rhetorical. It's common for it to be dead silent, which is probably has something to with why I hate this class so much.
Anyways, the teacher was talking about concentration camps. But instead of saying " concentration camps", she said, " consummation camps" during her lecture. If this had been in any other class, I would have laughed...probably out loud. But instead, I smiled to myself and looked around to see if anyone else was catching what she was saying. No one else seemed to have the same reaction that I did and my teacher continued the lecture each time saying "consummation camps" . Each time, I would smirk and lightly laugh and no one else did. LAME...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha... I can imagine how hard it was for you to hold your laughter in! I am glad I am not the only one who wishes for crazy things to happen so that I don't have to go to class...but zombies is definitely a new one!